The CLEF is an annual conference dedicated to bringing together K-16 teachers, scholars, educational administrators, policymakers and other professionals in the field of Chinese language education worldwide to share best practices, research findings and inspiring ideas.
Last year, about 400 participants from 12 countries shared more than 40 highly selected breakout session presentations. Building upon its successes of the previous conferences, the 4th CLEF will continue to serve as a primary conference for Chinese language education in the United States and the world. The conference theme of CLEF 2013 is “Chinese: 21st Century Skill”.
Hosted by the Chinese Language Education and Research Center (CLERC) and in collaboration with the Chinese Language Association of Secondary-Elementary Schools (CLASS), CLEF 2013 will be held at the Westin San Francisco Airport, Oct. 18-19, 2013. You are welcome to join us for:
- Pre-Conference and Conference Workshops for K-16 teachers (no extra charge!)
- Pre-Conference Chinese Immersion Program Executive Roundtable (CIPER) for K-12 administrators and lead instructors
- Keynote speech given by an internationally renowned scholar
- Openly selected breakout presentations covering all hot topics in the field
- Chinese Teaching Roundtables (CTR-K12)
- Chinese Teaching Roundtables (CTR-Higher Education)
- The fabulous San Francisco bay area, fun networking, delicious food and more